Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Socks again!

Here's an update on my Mom's socks. I'm really having fun with this self-striping yarn. I don't have the label anymore, but I bought it at a store here in town called Meijer (a nice Dutch name, that). It's fun to watch the stripes emerge. The only issue that I have with it is that the yarn seems to be quite scratchy. Maybe I'm spoiled because I've only ever worked with Koigu or Artyarns, which are nice, soft, and "squishy". I hope that the socks will soften up when I wash and block them.


The colors are almost spot on in the first picture, but the second is more recent. I've knit a few more rows beyond even what's shown here.

I have all this lovely wool/silk yarn in my closet that's waiting to be made into a sweater. That was supposed to be my project this summer....um...yeah. That was before I became addicted to socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment