Monday, January 15, 2007

Ooohhh, it smells GOOD in here!

I bought a tree today. It's an Orange tree. It's in blossom right now, so hopefully in a few months I'll have oranges!
(Please look only at the tree, and not the mess in the background)

These are what the blossoms look like. They smell SOOOO GOOD! It's a very strong fragrance, really sweet with a hint of citrus in it. It's perfuming my living room as we speak.

Oh, I've been knitting, too. Mostly on Eris, because I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I want to get it done. I've got less than five inches to go on the body, and then I only have the sleeves and a zipper left. I'm hoping that sleeve island won't be too awful because this is a top-down raglan. I just have to knit until they're long enough (doesn't everyone?) but the rows get shorter as I move down toward the wrist.

Here's a shot of the waist shaping. It looks kind of scary, actually, like a spider or some other beastie. Hopefully it will look better when I block it and wear it.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:43 PM

    Mmm. I love the smell of orange blossoms.

    I am sending another package out to you later this week or early next week.

    Did you ever get that other mysteriously missing package? Supposedly she sent it again but nothing yet. And I'm not sure if she's sending it now to me or to you! Going on two months now! Pls. let me know if you get something!

    So have any guesses as to who I am? I guessed the identity of my SP...and was right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:49 PM

    My last package is on its way to you, coming from *Me* this time ;-)

    Look for it in 4 or 5 days. I guess the big reveal must be coming sometime soon, huh?

    ReplyDelete