Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I didn't think I'd do it...

But I want to make Monkey socks. Everyone's been raving about them for months. Acutally, that fervor has died down somewhat--I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes. I thought they looked nice, but it wasn't really calling my name. Maybe it was the colors in the original pattern--the yellows and greens and oranges aren't exactly my color, they kind of remind me of jars of baby food (no offense intended to those who like yellows and greens and oranges--I like them too, just not all together). But then my secret pal spoilee, Emily, showed a photograph of some RED ones that she made from her own handspun (gasp!) and well, you know what they say about rest and history. I want to get back to my wheel and spin!

Mystery Stole 3
But not yet. I'm busy working on the Mystery Stole 3. As of tonight, I've completed through row 190 (10 rows left of Clue 3). Clue 4 will be posted on Friday, and I'll have 2 weeks to work on it. I can't believe that I'm actually keeping up with this project. I don't consider myself a fast knitter at all.

Scheherezade
I've also been working on Scheherezade and some stripey cotton socks from yarn my secret pal sent me. I decided this week that I'd send them to someone rather than keep them for myself. But they're coming along rather nicely. They're just plain and simple, perfect for stuffing into my purse to take to work for lunchtime knitting. Cotton Socks

This is the first sock, which has long since been completed. I have about an inch and a half done one the second one, but no current photos.

2 comments:

  1. I loved doing the monkey sock pattern, it practically knitted itself! Love the shawls, they are lovely so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about those Monkey Socks! I didn't think i'd do them, but i have a feeling that there's a pair of them somewhere in my not too distant future too. I saw them in a beautiful colorway either on Januaryone, or Yarnbeans (both blogs). Can't remember which off the top of my head.

    I love your other WIPS too. The mystery Shawl is coming along very pretty. I've seen a few people doing it in blogland. Almost tempting enough to make me try it in the future!

    I stopped by as I'm making my way through the Secret Pal 11 list. Have a great day!
    Tempe

    ReplyDelete