Friday, June 09, 2006

Of socks and bags and blooms

It's been a busy week. I'm all moved out of one apartment, but I'm not really unpacked yet. I've got pretty much the necessities unpacked, and now I seem to have just lost my zin for unpacking. I don't wanna do it anymore! For one thing, I'm not really sure where to put things, because I have a friend that will be moving in. But I don't really want to wait for her--she won't be here until the end of July. I do not intend to live out of boxes for six more weeks!

I have been knitting, though. Here are the socks that I brought with me to my trip to Grandma's. I didn't get very far on them, though, because the colors kept doing this weird pooling thing. Then I found Melanie's Twist Stitch Pattern and it seems to be perfect. The stretches of color are too long to be random, and I'm too lazy to alternate between two balls. In fact, I haven't even wound the second skein into a ball. I like how the colors are kind of making stripes.

The socks in natural daylight:
Here it is again, blurry and taken indoors at night, but it shows how much farther along I am since the other picture was taken.


I've also been working on another quick project: A felted Sophie bag, made from handspun yarn I bought from Laura at CosmicPluto. Is it sacreligious to use handspun on a felting project? I hope not. I've had the yarn for months and I just didn't know what else to do with it!




And finally, some BEAUTIFUL flowers that one of my customers from work sent me to say thanks for helping her on a project. This boquet is ENORMOUS (those are DVD's on the right). It was definitely a pleasant surprise--it made my day! The only way it could have been better was if they had come from the guy I was interested in...


But no complaints, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment