Saturday, April 29, 2006

Finally! I actually finished something!

Random Socks
Koigu KPPM (don't remember what the color's called)
72g (about 1 1/2 skeins) on size 2.25mm dpn's
Started: November 2005, frogged many, many times
Finished: April 29, 2006

My "Random Socks" are done! They're "random" because there are lots of little weird things about them. For example, if you look closely, I used a figure-8 cast on for the toe of the sock in the back, and a short-row tow for the sock in the front. I wish that I had been a little more patient and made the cuffs taller. I guess I like tall socks. But really, for a first pair, they're not too bad.

I talked to my landlord today and looked at one of the bigger apartments that they have available. The one I think I'm going to move into isn't available yet; the current tenant will be out by May 1st. They still have to have the carpets cleaned and so forth, so I will probably be moving in around the Ides of May, or maybe the beginning of June. It's so BIG--about 2 times larger than my current apartment, but since I'm going to be rooming with a friend of mine, my rent is actually going DOWN. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment