Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Still here, still knitting

But no pictures to show for it. I'm working away on the Falling Leaves socks that I got from my wonderful Secret Pal (thanks again!). It's really enjoyable. It's interesting and I'm learning new things. I've never done a picot edging before. It took me a couple of tries to figure it out.

However, it's taking a LONG time because I have to look up nearly every stitch on the chart. Almost everything else I've done before has been easy to memorize. The nice thing about this slow-going challenge is that I don't have such a need to start new projects (and spend more money on yarn!)

Has anyone ever done this pattern before? When the instructions say "work charts for 7.5 inches" before setting up for the heel flap, does that 7.5 inches include the picot edging, or just the stitches knit from the charts? I suppose it really depends on how long you want your socks, right?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:49 PM

    I'm glad you're enjoying it! Also, I really like the bag. The lining fabric is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete