Saturday, January 06, 2007

Lots of New Things

New thing #1: I received a package in the mail today from my Secret Pal: Two skeins of sock yarn and Sensational Knitted Socks! THANK YOU!!! I'm intrigued by a couple of the mosaic patterns, I might try one, as soon as I clear out my WIP basket and can buy some sock yarn. I want something like Koigu, or maybe I'll buy something I've never tried before, like Socks that Rock or something. The purple sock yarn that my SP sent is definitely earmarked for something for me. It's so soft! And I'm glad that I received the book today. I'm working on my mom's socks, and I did one toe-up with a short-row heel. I was kind of getting bored with it by the end, so I decided to do the other top-down, and was wondering if it were possible to do short row heels on top-down socks. And the book happens to have instructions on how to do it. Perfect timing, SP! Thanks again!

As I said, I'm working on my mom's socks. Nothing fancy at all, just a K2P2 rib on the leg. I started them on Tuesday, and finished one this evening. Not bad, if I say so myself.


It looks fine when you put it on, but socks that have ribbed legs just look really weird when they're not being worn. The feet look out of proportion to the leg portion.

And here's the second sock, started top-down as I mentioned earlier. I wonder if I'll do this one as quickly as the first. It would be really nice--I told my mom I'd knit her socks six months ago!

And last but not least, look what I bought myself for my own (late) Christmas Present: It's a Canon PowerShot A540. It's not top of the line--I don't need anything that fancy at present. But it's much nicer than my old 2.0MP camera I've been using for the past few years (which, by the way, would probably only go for about 5 bucks on eBay--that's how behind-hand it is). This camera has also has the advantage of a lot of manual settings that I can grow into as I learn more about how to take pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:37 PM

    Yippee! I'm so glad you received it! (And what is the yarn you're using for that new sock? It looks so nice.) I have been interested in this book for some time too. I like the way the instructions are laid out. Glad you like it!

    Do you know I still have not received the yarn from the seller (original package)?!

    ReplyDelete